Support First Step of Sarasota
An investment in First Step of Sarasota Saves Lives!
By investing in First Step of Sarasota, you become part of the empowerment process for every individual’s healing journey.
An investment in First Step is an investment in the health and well being of your community!
Many of First Step's clients are low-income, uninsured and indigent residents who have nowhere else to go.
State and local funding for mental health and substance use services and programs is not adequate.
As of 2019, Florida was 50th in the nation for funding for mental health and 34th for funding for substance-use disorders.
As a non-profit, First Step depends on donors and supporters to help sustain our services, programs and operations.
How Your Investment Will Save Lives:
It will enable us to:
- Increase our ability to create awareness of mental health and substance use among hundreds of students and adults throughout our community.
- Implement more early intervention, evidence-based treatments, and programs.
- Expand our life-changing services and programs to empower those that seek treatment, reaching out to more adults, seniors, and children in order to help give them hope.
- Continue our efforts and initiatives to curb the current scourge of heroin and opioid use in Sarasota County.
- Implement new technology to create safety measures and treatment protocols.
An investment in First Step of Sarasota strengthens the coordinated approach of whole-person care through our mental-health and substance-use services and programs and our community collaborations.
Please choose to donate now to help those in our community who are in desperate need of our services.
FIRST STEP OF SARASOTA, INC. IS A 501 (C ) (3) ORGANIZATION. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION ON CH1573 MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE 800 435 7352 WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.